The Director's Guide to Recruitment and Instrument Selection
As an ensemble director, few tasks are more important than recruiting new students. We’ve compiled recruitment and instrument selection advice from top educators across the country.
Recruitment doesn’t happen once a year, it happens all year round. We’ve compiled tips from experienced band and orchestra directors to help you step up your recruitment efforts, make your instrument fitting/sizing day more productive, and position your program for more success in the coming year.
In this eBook you'll learn about:
- Recruitment as a process, not an event
- Building checklists to aid you in your recruiting process
- Matching students to instruments during the instrument selection process
- A basic approach to string instrument sizing
- Partnering with music retailers
- Including SmartMusic as part of your instrument fitting day